Monday, May 10, 2010

Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Top Custom with US Army Logo



Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Top Custom with US Army Logo Sale


Custom returns will not be given full credit.  Shoes are made specifically for you.  This embroidery application is done once you place your order.  Please be sure of size and color before ordering. The Department of Defence requires this disclaimer be displayed prominently when a use or imitation of the United States ARMY or United States MARINE CORPS emblem, name, or initials is displayed. "CONVERSE INC., THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, OR U.S. ARMY, NOR ANY OTHER COMPONENT OF THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE has approved, endorsed, or authorized this product (promotion,service,or activity) as an integral part of the use or imitation." This embroidered patch is placed by Last Pairs Inc. Wear it with pride.

Special Price at Amazon Click to See Price







Description

  • Classic look. Canvas upper, rubber sole.






Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Top Custom with US Army Logo Customer Review


Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars are not just a fashion statement. Back in the day, they were my choice of athletic footwear -- following in my father's footsteps -- while starting center on the high school basketball team. For a 6'2" white guy with a moderate vertical leaping ability, I didn't have to worry about losing any spring in my step, and I always led stats in rebounds and blocked shots against players wearing the then-ubiquitous Adidas, Puma and Converse "Dr. J" hi-tops. In all fairness, and as a disclaimer, 80% of the opposing team members were white guys, too.

Still, though I have absolutely no vertical leap left (hey. I graduated 24 years ago), I still wear these shoes, just because. Like one reviewer pointed out, they're a great conversation starter. Plus, they're as comfy as a second pair of feet.

At the turn of the 20th to the 21st century, it appeared that there'd be NO Chucks left at all: The Massachusetts factory was closing down, and Chucks appeared to be going the way of acid-wash jeans. Fortunately (or, unfortunately, if you're a member of the garment workers' union), Converse went through some reorganization and now makes these overseas, presumably in China.

Well, I'm boycotting the People's Republic of China, an anti-labor country that has helped more American CEOs bust unions than just about anyone else. Its own people are slave labor. Fortunately, I thought ahead, so when Converse was on the ropes, I went out to every shoe store around and bought up all the size 12 hi tops I could find. To be exact, 143 pairs -- a closet full. I've got 'em in white, optical white, green, red, basic black, navy blue, yellow, orange, you name it. Set me back 00, but was worth every penny, knowing that American workers made them.

I AM THE IMELDA MARCOS OF CONVERSE CHUCK TAYLOR ALL-STAR SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, if you're a newcomer to them, or missed the boat, I won't hate ya for buying these for yourselves. They are so cool, I'll look the other way.

I have to look the other way myself: I buy the toddler sizes for my two wittle one. Aw!!!! :) At least I help keep American shoe store employees employed, if not factory workers.

I am a veteran of the U.S. Army, so I gotta buy these! Like our soldier's current combat boots, these are also made in China.




★★★ Read More Reviews ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment